What are the properties of Fluoroelastomers (FKM)
· Fluoroelastomers have excellent resistance to chemical attack by oxidation, by acids and by fuels.
· They also have good oil resistance.
· They have limited resistance to steam, methanol, hot water, and other highly polar fluids.
· The outstanding heat stability and excellent oil resistance are due to the high ratio of fluorine to hydrogen,
the strength of the carbon-fluorine bond, and the absence of unsaturation.
· The latest FKM polymers have a much broader fluids resistance profile than standard fluoroelastomers.
· They are able to withstand strong bases and ketones as well as aromatic hydrocarbons, oils, acids, and steam.
· Peroxide cured fluoroelastomers have inherently better water, steam, and acid resistance.